[Python-Dev] is this obselete?: [Patch #100888] Fix UCNs machine with >= 32bit longs

Mark Favas m.favas@per.dem.csiro.au
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 09:22:36 +0800

Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> trent wrote:
> > I was assigned this patch a while back to try on some 64-bit systems. Fine, I
> > can do that but I have since seen a number of message on python-dev regarding
> > it:
> >
> > - Fredrik had a new, better replacement? Fredrik?
>
> my patch is here:
> http://w1.132.telia.com/~u13208596/uninames-patch.txt
>
> (it's ~600k, which is more than sourceforge can handle)
>
> if you have some time to spare, feel tree to try it out on your
> favourite 64-bit platform (I haven't had time to test it on our
> alphas, but I'm pretty sure it'll work).
>
> the patch doesn't update the build files, so you need to do some
> manual tweaking to make sure the unicodenames module is built.
>
> if everything works as it should, the resulting interpreter should
> survive test_ucn.py even if ucnhash.pyd (.so) is nowhere to be
> seen...
>
> </F>

I've just tried /F's patch on my Alpha (Tru64 Unix, V4.0F), and
everything seems fine - compiles, passes test_ucn (and the rest).
--
Email  - m.favas@per.dem.csiro.au        Mark C Favas
Phone  - +61 8 9333 6268, 0418 926 074   CSIRO Exploration & Mining