[Python-Dev] is this obselete?: [Patch #100888] Fix UCNs mach ine with >= 32bit longs

Bill Tutt billtut@microsoft.com
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 12:08:57 -0700

Well, Fredrik's changes aren't checked in yet, so checking it all in doesn't
hurt.

The other relevant question is since Fredrik's code will eventually get in,
do we want to yank the code that generates it?
(Tools/perfecthash) If we keep it, then that part of the patch should go in.
If we don't keep it, that's fine too.

You'd need to test it on Linux64. Win64's integer types are 32bits, and the
C code doesn't use long longs.
The easiest way of testing it of course is to apply the ucnhash.c patch to
your tree and run test_ucn.py. :)

Bill