[Python-Dev] is this obselete?: [Patch #100888] Fix UCNs mach ine with >= 32bit longs

'Trent Mick' trentm@activestate.com
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 15:55:00 -0700

On Tue, Jul 25, 2000 at 12:08:57PM -0700, Bill Tutt wrote:
> Well, Fredrik's changes aren't checked in yet, so checking it all in doesn't
> hurt.
>
> The other relevant question is since Fredrik's code will eventually get in,
> do we want to yank the code that generates it?
> (Tools/perfecthash) If we keep it, then that part of the patch should go in.
> If we don't keep it, that's fine too.
>
> You'd need to test it on Linux64. Win64's integer types are 32bits, and the
> C code doesn't use long longs.
> The easiest way of testing it of course is to apply the ucnhash.c patch to
> your tree and run test_ucn.py. :)

Okay. I tried it and with the patch test_ucn.py passes fine. I am going to
add a comment to the patch on SourceForge and then assigned it back to....
hmmmm... eenie meenie minie... Bill! Is that alright?

Trent

--
Trent Mick
TrentM@ActiveState.com