[Python-Dev] testing Fredrik's UCN patch on Linux64 (works! :)

Trent Mick trentm@activestate.com
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 10:27:13 -0700

> > - Fredrik had a new, better replacement? Fredrik?
>
> my patch is here:
> http://w1.132.telia.com/~u13208596/uninames-patch.txt
>
> (it's ~600k, which is more than sourceforge can handle)
>
> if you have some time to spare, feel tree to try it out on your
> favourite 64-bit platform (I haven't had time to test it on our
> alphas, but I'm pretty sure it'll work).

Happy to try it....

> the patch doesn't update the build files, so you need to do some
> manual tweaking to make sure the unicodenames module is built.

I.e. just slap a unicodenames line in Modules/Setup?

[trentm@nickel src]$ ./python Lib/test/test_ucn.py
Testing General Unicode Character Name, and case insensitivity... done.
Testing misc. symbols for unicode character name expansion.... done.
Testing unicode character name expansion strict error handling.... done.
[trentm@nickel src]$ ./python Lib/test/regrtest.py test_ucn
test_ucn
1 test OK.

It works. Do I need to try it on Win64. It is more of a pain to try it there
because the Win64 build system is a big f***ing mess.

Trent

--
Trent Mick
TrentM@ActiveState.com