[Python-Dev] is this obselete?: [Patch #100888] Fix UCNs machine with >= 32bit longs

Fredrik Lundh Fredrik Lundh" <effbot@telia.com
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 00:55:27 +0200

trent wrote:
> I was assigned this patch a while back to try on some 64-bit systems. =
Fine, I
> can do that but I have since seen a number of message on python-dev =
regarding
> it:=20
>=20
> - Fredrik had a new, better replacement? Fredrik?

my patch is here:
http://w1.132.telia.com/~u13208596/uninames-patch.txt=20

(it's ~600k, which is more than sourceforge can handle)

if you have some time to spare, feel tree to try it out on your
favourite 64-bit platform (I haven't had time to test it on our
alphas, but I'm pretty sure it'll work).

the patch doesn't update the build files, so you need to do some
manual tweaking to make sure the unicodenames module is built.

if everything works as it should, the resulting interpreter should
survive test_ucn.py even if ucnhash.pyd (.so) is nowhere to be
seen...

</F>