[Python-Dev] Python Consortium Meeting News

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 17:28:36 +0200

Andrew Kuchling wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 22, 2000 at 01:41:03PM -0400, Tim Peters wrote:
> >since 1.5.2 was released to the public".  The great recent burst of
> >Python-Dev activity in the CVS tree was not done at CNRI, or the bulk of it
> >even by people with any connection present or past to CNRI.
>
> The problem there is Unicode support, which has changed quite a bit
> since that time -- the default encoding, if nothing else.  1.6 will
> probably need to have Unicode disabled, or have support that's
> incompatible with 2.0, or someone will have to backport the current
> code to 1.6. (Better you guys than me, though...)

Hmm, why shouldn't it be possible to use the current
version of Unicode support in 1.6 ? AFAIK, most of the patching
was done by Fredrik and myself and we were not related to
CNRI or BeOpen in any way at the time of the move to BeOpen.

Wouldn't it suffice for Fredrik and me to send in a wet-sign
for the Unicode patches since that date ?

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg