[Python-Dev] Where to put the PEPs? (was: Re: Python-dev summary: July 1-15)

Fri, 21 Jul 2000 09:36:31 -0500 (CDT)

    Donald> That's mostly correct, but... you are assuming that the private
    Donald> side of the key (.ssh/identity on the local host) has not been
    Donald> encrypted with a passphrase.  If it has, the scp command will
    Donald> prompt for it instead of the remote password.  When using an
    Donald> encrypted private key ssh-agent is the answer.

Okay, someone has to admit ignorance.  Might as well be me. ;-)

  1. How can I tell if my .ssh/identity file has been encrypted?
  2. If it hasn't, how do I encrypt it?

When I run ssh-add, it prompts me for my passphrase.  Is that sufficient to
suggest I have an encrypted identity file?

Skip