[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] CVS: python/dist/src/Lib urllib.py,1.96,1.97

Guido van Rossum guido@beopen.com
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 14:26:25 -0500

> How do I do that in CVS-land?

cvs admin -o<revision>

Or you could retrieve the previous version and check it in on top,
with a comment such as "eating my words". :-)

> BTW, this patch was mostly just a test to verify that my CVS access
> mechanics work.  So I'm not miffed at being asked to back it out.

Thanks.

> Also BTW, my access mechanics are a Python script called `forgetool'
> that automates away a bunch of CVS housekeeping -- setting CVSROOT
> properly on a per-project basis is one of the things it does.  I'll
> write some docs and release it shortly.

I thought that you almost never have to set the CVSROOT variable once
you've established your project work tree -- it's all stored in
CVS/Root anyway.  I believe CVSROOT is only used when you do a "cvs
checkout" and that doesn't happen very often...

--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://dinsdale.python.org/~guido/)