[Python-Dev] list comprehensions again...

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@beopen.com
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 19:41:05 -0400 (EDT)

  SM> Was there a public announcement made about new functionality for
  SM> 2.0?  I had submitted list comprehensions to the old 1.6 cycle,
  SM> and it was being held to the now never-to-be 1.7.  Are we in
  SM> feature freeze for 2.0 at this point?

  SM> I can do one of three things:

  SM>     * commit the changes I have currently against the CVS
  SM> repository

  SM>     * bundle up another patch for people to examine and comment
  SM> on

  SM>     * shut up and go do something more useful

At lunch today, Guido raised almost the same question!  Tim and I
argued that we should continue the feature freeze, and spend any extra
time wasted while we wait for CNRI to quit stalling to resolve open
bugs and do more testing.  It's been a long time since the last bug
fix release, and there are already a lot of new features.  We'd
probably be best served by working hard to make 2.0 stable and solid
-- and then getting 2.1 released quickly.

Jeremy