[Python-Dev] Windows installer pre-prelease

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Tue, 04 Apr 2000 21:26:12 -0400

I've pretty much made my mind up about this one.  Mark's mention of
LoadLibraryEx() solved the last puzzle.  I'm making the changes to the
installer and hope to release alpha 2 with these changes later this
week.

- Default install root is \Python1.6 on the same drive as the default
Program Files

- MSVC*RT.DLL and PYTHON16.DLL go into the system directory; the
MSV*RT.DLL files are only replaced if we bring a newer or same version

- I'm using Tcl/Tk 8.2.3 instead of 8.3.0; the latter often crashes
when closing a window

- The Tcl/Tk and expat DLLs go in the DLLs subdirectory of the install
root

Thanks a lot for your collective memory!!!