[Mailman-Users] confirm.py not working with https

jimwest at attglobal.net jimwest at attglobal.net
Tue Nov 5 11:31:38 EST 2019

Hi,

I have mailman 2.1.12 installed on Centos 6.5 using Apache 2.2.15 and
python 2.6.6.

The mailman web page "Confirm Subscription Request" generated by
confirm.py works fine with http, but does not work with https.

In /etc/httpd/httpd.conf, I am redirecting all http traffic to https
using the redirect command in httpd.conf.

This may be causing a problem in confirm.py when retrieving the
confirmation cookie from the URL using cgidata.getvalue.

Entering the confirmation cookie manually in confirm.py also does not work.

Please let me know if there is a modification that I can make for
confirm.py to work with https.

To make my website more secure, my website is configured to only work
with https and not with http.

Please let me know how I can use confirm.py with https.

confirm.py works fine with http, but not with https.

Your help with this problem is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim West