[Mailman-Users] Regexp matching failing for accept_these_nonmembers

Gretchen M Beck cmupythia at cmu.edu
Fri Nov 8 12:47:23 EST 2019

Hi Folks,

I'm on mailman 2.1.18-1, and this week I've received several complaints about messages held for moderation. Specifically, users whose addresses are in the "accept_these_nonmembers" list, or whose addresses match a regexp that is on the list are getting held as "Post by non-member to a members-only list"

While I have had one complaint about this happening for a non-umbrella list, most of the examples have the non-member posting to an umbrella list where they are also accept_these_nonmembers, having the message pass through without moderation, then have it held at the next lists down (where it also should be accepted).

I thought "well, let's see what parseaddr is returning" and so slapped a syslog at the appropriate point in Moderate.py, but so far what that is showing me matches the regexp in accept_these_nonmembers.

What am I missing here?

Thanks! --Gretchen

Gretchen Beck

Carnegie Mellon