[Mailman-Users] get a (limitted) copy of messages discarded due to spam filters

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp
Mon Feb 25 03:56:18 EST 2019

karrageorgiou giannis via Mailman-Users writes:

 > I was thinking of receiving a copy of the discarded
 > messages for sometime, until I am sure the rule is
 > fair, and manually forward as myself a mistakenly
 > dropped text

I think Mark already alluded to this, but here are the details.

In Mailman 2, Privacy Options -> Spam Filters
enter regexp in the box, set to hold

It doesn't do exactly what you want (no stripping, holds the message
rather than discarding, and it will send notifications to the list
moderators).  But it might be better than nothing.

 > (preferably get the text/plain part only; still drop them
 > automatically (attachments and all), as most are expected
 > to be spam, not deserving to store and hold for approval)

Not sure about this.  I believe the spam filtering occurs before
message editing.