[Mailman-Users] get a (limitted) copy of messages discarded due to spam filters

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Feb 23 15:13:19 EST 2019

On 2/23/19 2:48 AM, karrageorgiou giannis via Mailman-Users wrote:

> I was thinking of receiving a copy of the discarded
> messages for sometime, until I am sure the rule is
> fair, and manually forward as myself a mistakenly
> dropped text
>
> (preferably get the text/plain part only; still drop them
> automatically (attachments and all), as most are expected
> to be spam, not deserving to store and hold for approval)

I assume you are using header_filter_rules, but in any case, there is no
way to automatically forward a discarded message. The best you can do is
hold the message for approval and then examine or discard and forward it
from the admindb interface.

If you don't want to hold the message, you'd need to modify the code in
Mailman/Handlers/SpamDetect.py to forward what you want before raising
Errors.DiscardMessage.