[Mailman-Users] Best way to slow down all the spam to my lists?

Keith Seyffarth weif at weif.net
Sat Dec 14 12:40:17 EST 2019

"Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp> writes:

> Chromatest J. Pantsmaker writes:
>
>  > I had sent some test email from gmail and several hours later those
>  > test messages didn't pass.  Maybe I goofed something along the way.
>
> If the GMail address used to send is the same as the address
> subscribed to the test list, you won't see it because GMail
> deduplicates aggressively.  There is no way to fix this in GMail.  If
> you are testing from GMail you *must* use a separate address as the
> recipient.

Also, if you are testing greylisting from a GMail account, GMail tends
to retry messages from another random outgoing server, so it may take
considerable time before GMail happens to randomly pick an outgoing
server it has already used and greylisting can confirm the same message
from the same user at the same server... (It would be nice if GMail
would assign an outgoing message to one server and just retry from
there)

Keith

--
----