[Mailman-Users] Best way to slow down all the spam to my lists?

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Sat Dec 14 12:26:20 EST 2019

On 12/13/19 9:02 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> As postgrey learns, it will remember triplets (sender, sending IP,
> recipient) and not delay them and in addition will whitelist domains
> that retry successfully more than a few times.

The bigger senders are doing things now (more than ever) that they
weren't doing 15+ years ago.  Now farms of servers will try to contact
you.  The message may first try from one IP, then from another IP, then
from a 3rd....  It may eventually try from the same IP and make it through.

I think most grey list solutions have an option to specify the network
(frequently configured a a /24) for the sending IP.  This significantly
helps with different servers in the same server farm trying to resend
messages.

Another option that doesn't have this (state based) limitation is
nolisting.  (TCP RST from first MX and subsequent MX(s) accept email.)

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die