[Mailman-Users] Installing Mailman on a Debian system with Apache 2.4.2, CGI error!

Brett Delmage brett at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Wed Dec 4 22:23:50 EST 2019

On 05/06/2018 08:37 PM, Jayson Smith wrote:
>> It seems that by default, Debian's Apache install doesn't enable the CGI
>> module. Somehow, it sort of works better if you enable CGI. It works
>> better if you plug it in.
>>
>> Head…desk. I'd spent hours trying to troubleshoot this! Sometimes the
>> most obvious things escape the best of us.

On Mon, 7 May 2018, Mark Sapiro replied:

> Don't feel bad. I knew I'd seen this before, and I couldn't remember the
> cause, and it never occurred to me either that the obvious explanation
> was mod_cgi not enabled.

Heh.

I tightened a new server upgrade recently, thinking 'I don't use CGI
(only php-fpm) - let's disable it for extra security!'

And if it wasn't for this helpful message here I would STILL be
scratching my head like Jayson was...

These archives are still gold. Thanks for sharing, folks!

Brett