[Mailman-Users] Now that Python 2 is dead in 2020 what are people's plans with mailman2?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Apr 10 18:27:45 EDT 2019

On 4/10/19 12:08 PM, Carl Zwanzig wrote:

> The main thing is that from appearances MM3 is large enterprise-grade
> list manager, but many of us don't need that, we need something for a
> few (<100?) lists with a few (<500?) members. I can run that on a small
> BSD box; spinning up django, sass, (docker?), and whatever else is
> overkill for the purpose and adds to the maintenance load. Heck, with
> MM2 I'd dump apache for a simpler server if it wasn't already set up.

Actually, it is possible to run Mailman 3 core without HyperKitty,
Postorius, Django, et al. Management without the web UI is cumbersome,
but doable for admins at least, and users can join and leave via email
(remember Majordomo?).

Also, coincidentally,
<https://lists.mailman3.org/archives/list/mailman-users@mailman3.org/message/IHZOPQHEP5TLTARGUQT2QPX44UZWLAW2/>
was just posted and may be interesting.