[Mailman-Users] Now that Python 2 is dead in 2020 what are people's plans with mailman2?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Apr 10 19:03:35 EDT 2019

On 4/10/19 12:08 PM, Carl Zwanzig wrote:

> Maybe there's a place for a community-driven port of MM2 onto python3. I
> am not volunteering, too many other projects currently.

I think a much more productive use of the community's resources would be
implementation of a light weight, non-Django web UI to be a layer
between users and Mailman core, perhaps using mailman-client.

Postorius and HyperKitty were never intended to be the only web UIs.
They are examples. Of course, we knew that if people were actually going
to adopt Mailman 3, we needed a web UI, so Postorius and HyperKitty are
there, but they certainly don't preclude other approaches.