[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2 and read notifications

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Mar 18 15:08:07 EDT 2018

On 02/27/2018 07:40 AM, Carlos R. Pasqualini wrote:

> Is it possible that the original sender set the 'confirmation request'
> on the MUA and that request propagated past mailman and got into
> receiver's MUA?

Sorry for the delayed reply - this got buried in my inbox.

To combat this, Mailman removes the following headers from posts
delivered to list members:

return-receipt-to
disposition-notification-to
x-confirm-reading-to
x-pmrqc

If you have seen another header that causes some MUA or MTA to return a
receipt, please let me know what it is so we can remove that too.

> If yes: Is there a way to intercept and delete these requests on the
> Mailman host?

As I said, we try.