[Mailman-Users] preventing users from subscribing via Mailman interface?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Mar 16 19:27:29 EDT 2018

On 03/16/2018 02:12 PM, Andrew White, PhD wrote:
>    Searched, but didn't see anything. I would like to make it so our list
>    automatically discards any subscription requests, and sends a message back
>    telling the person they need to visit a website to sign up (currently, I
>    do this manually and send people:

Clearly you could do this by modifying the code in
Mailman/Commands/cmd_subscribe.py (for email subscribes) and
Mailman/Cgi/subscribe.py for web subscribes.

I can't think of any other way to do this. I did consider using the
ban_list and making an 'en' message catalog to change the 'banned'
message, but then you couldn't manually add the address either.