[Mailman-Users] Bounces counter for list subscribers

Christian F Buser luscheina at yahoo.de
Tue Mar 20 12:00:50 EDT 2018

Hi all

We recently had a problem that a mail provider refused to accept messages from our domain - including list messages - for addresses on their server.

The problem has been sorted out and the messages are now going through again.

But all addresses on that receiving domain had been disabled once due to too many bounces. I re-enabled these users again, but of course this was before the real problem was solved. So in the mean time, I received several bounce warnings again - but not enough to disable the list members again automatically.

How is the bounce counter handled by mailman? Is it "reset" automatically after a certain period without delivery problems? Or can I reset it manually (I did not see this possibility, but it still might exist)?

Mailman 2.1.23 on cPanel 68.0.33

Thank you, Christian
--
Christian F. Buser, Hohle Gasse 6, CH-5507 Mellingen (Switzerland)
Hilfe fuer Strassenkinder in Ghana: http://www.chance-for-children.org