[Mailman-Users] Photos from Macs getting removed by list server

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Jan 21 13:07:24 EST 2018

On 01/21/2018 09:30 AM, Carl Zwanzig wrote:
> On 1/21/2018 12:13 AM, Peter Shute wrote:
>> We’re finding that messages sent to our list by Mac users are having
>> jpg attachments removed. I assume this is something to do with the
>> list being plain text only...
>
> If the list is plain-text only, I'd be more curious how images were
> making their way through, not the reverse.

Exactly!

In order to say more, we'd need to see all the content filtering
settings for the list and the emails at issue. Ideally, we'd like a raw
email as sent to the list, but even the resultant email from the list
might be helpful.

I.e., for the ideal case, have the user mail to the list with a Bcc: to
you. Then, show us the content filtering settings and both raw emails,
the list mail and the direct Bcc:.