[Mailman-Users] Photos from Macs getting removed by list server

Sun Jan 21 12:57:12 EST 2018

On 1/21/18 12:30 PM, Carl Zwanzig wrote:
> On 1/21/2018 12:13 AM, Peter Shute wrote:
>> We’re finding that messages sent to our list by Mac users are having
>> jpg attachments removed. I assume this is something to do with the
>> list being plain text only...
>
> If the list is plain-text only, I'd be more curious how images were
> making their way through, not the reverse.
>
> z!
For what is normally called a 'plain text only list', yes, I would be
very surprised to see any pictures. I think it may be possible by
enabling the HTML -> Text conversion, but NOT filtering out non-text
sections, you might be able to create a semi-text only list, and in such
a case, there may be ways to embed an image inline that it gets lost, as
well as including the image as its own section so it gets through.

--
Richard Damon