[Mailman-Users] Recent trouble with DMARC Munging

Lindsay Haisley fmouse at fmp.com
Mon Jan 16 20:49:53 EST 2017

On Mon, 2017-01-16 at 19:24 -0500, Brian Carpenter wrote:
> Meanwhile I get the following when I run " python -c "import
> dns.resolver":
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
> ImportError: No module named dns.resolver
>
> Do I need to run that command in a certain directory?

It looks as if my previous post on this was relevant. Python was
updated, and the dnspython module wasn't installed for the upgraded
version. Mark's solution is basically the correct one:

    sudo pip install dnspython

This does, however, make two assumptions.

1. You have sudo (root) access on the system

2. You have pip (the Python Package Installer) on the system

If either of these is NOT satisfied, you'll have additional work to do.
Assuming you have sudo access, but pip is NOT installed, you'll need to
to install it from the distribution. On Ubuntu systems:

    sudo apt-get install python-pip

Other distributions will have different package management tools, and
the command will vary accordingly.

Once pip is installed, depending on the distribution, you may need to
upgrade pip before you can use it.

    sudo -H pip install --upgrade pip

Then, to install dnspython, you'll use:

    sudo -H pip install dnspython

the -H option may be advisable for pip's cache handling.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "The first casualty when
FMP Computer Services |         war comes is truth."