[Mailman-Users] Recent trouble with DMARC Munging

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Jan 16 19:49:51 EST 2017

On 01/16/2017 04:24 PM, Brian Carpenter wrote:

> Meanwhile I get the following when I run " python -c "import
> dns.resolver":
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
> ImportError: No module named dns.resolver
>
> Do I need to run that command in a certain directory?

This is the problem. Assuming 'python' invokes the same python
interpreter that Mailman is using, the required dnspython module is not
installed, at least not where it is accessible to Mailman's python.

This is almost certainly a cPanel issue. I.e. they released an update
which neglected to include that. It was there previously.

I don't know enough about cPanel to know if this will work, but assuming
you have pip,

sudo pip install dnspython

should fix it.