[Mailman-Users] Recent trouble with DMARC Munging

Brian Carpenter brian at emwd.com
Mon Jan 16 19:24:29 EST 2017

> On 01/16/2017 12:05 PM, Brian Carpenter wrote:
> >
> > I would also be interested if anyone has any answers or suggestions to
this
> > as we have seen the same issue on our mailman servers.
>

> See
> <https://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2017-
> January/081821.html>.
> Follow the suggestions there and report what you find.
>
> Is this issue coincident with a cPanel update?
>

> > Enabling the DMARC
> > option on the general options page seems to fix it however but I am not
> sure
> > in why this has suddenly become a problem with just using the privacy
> > options -- sender filters settings.
>

> The General Options from_is_list setting applies to all posts without
> checking the policy of the From: domain. It is something in the DMARC
> policy lookup that isn't working.

Thanks Mark. I am definitely seeing:

DNS lookup for dmarc_moderation_action for list <listname> not available

in the error logs. I am thinking it is an issue with a cPanel update but I
do know if it was an update, it was a minor one. I have restarted Mailman to
see if that fixes the issues. I am currently awaiting the results from our
logs to see. Meanwhile I get the following when I run " python -c "import
dns.resolver":

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named dns.resolver

Do I need to run that command in a certain directory?

Brian Carpenter
EMWD.com, Owner

Providing Cloud Services and Mailman hosting for over 15 years.
E: brian at emwd.com
www.emwd.com

Thanks,