[Mailman-Users] How to actively read the list online?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jul 8 11:50:36 EDT 2016

On 7/7/16 3:33 PM, Richard Johnson wrote:

> Is there any way to setup a web page which would automatically update to show the most recent messages in the archive?  I have an archive setup and it receives a copy of the messages fairly quickly, but it doesn't update automatically and also anyone looking at it would need to update their URL at least every month, since the messages are organized by month.

It depends on whether the list's archives are public or not. If they are
public, you might consider a third party archive service like
mail-archive.com. See
<https://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users@python.org/> for an example
that might fill your need, although I don't know if it refreshes for new
posts.

Otherwise, you could possibly create your own web page to serve your
archive in the manner you desire. This might not be difficult for public
archives as the archives themselves are all static files. For private
archives, you would need an authentication scheme which would presumably
need to talk to Mailman.

I'm not aware of anyone having done this.

The Mailman 3 HyperKitty archiver provides a different UI which may be
good for you (see
<https://lists.mailman3.org/archives/list/mailman-users@mailman3.org/>),
but I don't think it refreshes with new posts either.