[Mailman-Users] Improper token substitution? Or something else?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Feb 9 20:55:17 EST 2016

On 02/09/2016 05:25 PM, Lindsay Haisley wrote:

> Hmmm. The MTA here is Courier-MTA. The virtual domains structure is
> elegant in its simplicity, and very flexible.
>
> ~vmail/domains/list_hostname.tld/alias/.courier-listname - handles
> redirection for listname at list_hostname.tld. Similarly,
> ~vmail/domains/list_hosthame.tld/alias/.courier-listname-default handles
> everything else addressed to listname-whatever at list_hostname.tld, e.g.
> listname-request at list_hostname.tld. It does this by redirecting to
> ~mailman/bin/courier-to-mailman.py, which I wrote based on
> qmail-to-mailman.py and which is now part of the contrib section for
> Mailman 2.x.
>
> I'm not conversant with Postfix, but perhaps I can use this feature to
> solve this problem.

Postfix is quite different in detail, but based on what you've said
above, the equivalent of what Postfix will now do would be to just create

~vmail/domains/list_hostname.tld/alias/.courier-mailman

with the appropriate

|/usr/bin/preline @prefix@/bin/courier-to-mailman.py

content for each list_hostname.tld. As I understand it, this wouldn't
require any courrier-to-mailman.py changes as it already knows how to
deliver to the 'mailman' list.