[Mailman-Users] Off topic, how to get in verizon.net's good graces?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Apr 3 23:13:57 EDT 2016

On 04/03/2016 07:06 PM, Arlen Raasch wrote:

> We moved to a new server, ...
>
> But, try as we may verizon.net still refuses to talk to our servers except
> to say it is rejecting our messages.
> I have submitted multiple whitelist requests as shown above, and have seen
> no response whatsoever from Verizon.  Frustrating.  This has been going on
> for 5 days now.

I'm sorry to say, welcome to the club.

This has been going on for 5 months since the old mail.python.org server
died and was replaced late last October.

> I am about to send emails out directly to our list subscribers asking them
> to migrate to another email provider, but thought I would ask the list if
> anyone else had any success with verizon.net and how they did it.

I'm not sure what the current status is with mail.python.org. We haven't
seen any Mailman list bounces since mid January. Maybe everyone got
unsubscribed by bounce processing. I thought we had actually done
something to stop sending to verizon.net, but I can't find anything (if
it was done, I didn't do it).

Good luck, and if anyone has a way to actually contact Verizon other
than by submitting forms to an apparent black hole, please let us know.