[Mailman-Users] {Disarmed} Re: importing archived Maildir email lists into Mailman lists archives

[IDIS Technical Secretariat] Ricardo Rodríguez ricardo.rodriguez at idisantiago.es
Wed Sep 2 13:30:21 CEST 2015

Thanks! Please, read below...

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 1:03 PM, Andrew Hodgson <andrew at hodgsonfamily.org>
wrote:

> [IDIS Technical Secretariat] Ricardo Rodríguez wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> >Thanks! It worked like a charm for at least two of our old mailing lists!
> Script, ezmlm structure and mbox output keeps stored at...
> >
> >http://datasource.idisantiago.es
> >
> >... for easier reference.
> >
> >Now, I only have to import that mbox contents into the actual list. I
> guess this is the right path...
> >
> >5.1. How do I import an archive into a new mailing list?
> >
> http://wiki.list.org/DOC/How%20do%20I%20import%20an%20archive%20into%20a%20new%20mailing%20list%3F
>
> Yup, this is similar to what I did.  I recommend running cleanarch on that
> mbox before importing it, to ensure that it is ok.  I took the second
> option in that FAQ, as it was a new list.  Copy the Mbox file into the
> private directory after running it through cleanarch, then run the arch
> command to generate the HTML archives for the web interface.
>
> Andrew.

Before going ahead, there is one thing I'm curious about as I don't
understand it. Please, why does the path to the mbox file
include <listname>.mbox twice? Here...

http://wiki.list.org/DOC/How%20do%20I%20import%20an%20archive%20into%20a%20new%20mailing%20list%3F

It reads...

archives/private/<listname>.mbox/<listname>.mbox

Thanks!

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Rodríguez
Research Management and Promotion Technician