[Mailman-Users] {Disarmed} Re: importing archived Maildir email lists into Mailman lists archives

Andrew Hodgson andrew at hodgsonfamily.org
Wed Sep 2 13:03:59 CEST 2015

[IDIS Technical Secretariat] Ricardo Rodríguez wrote:

[...]

>Thanks! It worked like a charm for at least two of our old mailing lists! Script, ezmlm structure and mbox output keeps stored at...
>
>http://datasource.idisantiago.es
>
>... for easier reference.
>
>Now, I only have to import that mbox contents into the actual list. I guess this is the right path...
>
>5.1. How do I import an archive into a new mailing list?
>http://wiki.list.org/DOC/How%20do%20I%20import%20an%20archive%20into%20a%20new%20mailing%20list%3F

Yup, this is similar to what I did.  I recommend running cleanarch on that mbox before importing it, to ensure that it is ok.  I took the second option in that FAQ, as it was a new list.  Copy the Mbox file into the private directory after running it through cleanarch, then run the arch command to generate the HTML archives for the web interface.

Andrew.