[Mailman-Users] user not receiving messages.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun May 10 03:46:11 CEST 2015

On 05/09/2015 05:43 PM, adam morris wrote:

> no bounces for the non receiving address.

OK

> Not sure about dups,

This would be at his end. If you send him a message off list to both his
addresses, does he receive both. If yes, try sending To: yourself with
Bcc: to both his address and see if he receives both.

If not, that would rule out Mailman. If so, it could be his ISP, but
that's unlikely if he never receives any list message, even in his spam
folder. It could also be that he has some filtering rules in his own
mail client the do something with the list messages To: the one address.

Also, ask him if he never receives any messages or maybe just not some.
For example if the not receiving address is @gmail.com and the posts he
doesn't receive are only ones he sends from that address, see
<http://wiki.list.org/x/4030680>.

> I'm a beginner at mailman, I just subscribe users
> to this list and don't change any options, so both of his addresses
> would be set up the same.

Just to be sure, look at both his addresses in the web admin Membership
Management... -> Membership List. Are both the 'nomail' and 'digest'
boxes unchecked for both his addresses?