[Mailman-Users] user not receiving messages.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun May 10 02:38:20 CEST 2015

On 05/09/2015 03:34 PM, adam morris wrote:

> I have a user subscribed to a list with two addresses.
> He can send to the list from both addresses but can only receive from one.

What are his subscription options for the address he doesn't receive?

Do both addresses forward to the same mailbox that filters dups?

Is mailman recording any bounces for the non-delivered address?

> Should I contact my hosting provider?

Probably not. You could ask them the check their outgoing mail logs to
verify that messages are being sent to both addresses, but if both
addressses are set in Mailman to receive mail and bounce processing is
enabled for the list and there are no bounces, it is almost certain that
what they will find is the mail is being sent to both addresses and
being delivered to the downstream MX servers and nothing more.

It is possible that one of these ISPs is simply treating the list mail
as 'obvious spam' and discarding it.