[Mailman-Users] Bounces being detected as spam/virus sending rate

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Sun May 10 07:51:54 CEST 2015

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 08:23:38PM -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> > I receive unhandled bounce notifications (no more than a handful of
> > those, which I then manually remove) and see notifications of addresses
> > that are removed for excessive bouncing, again no more than a handful at
> > a time. How can I see a list of members set to No Mail for bouncing?
>

> bin/list_members --nomail=bybounce LISTNAME

Thanks Mark. According to that, there are currently 12 bouncing members.
But when I run the more detail script below, I get 30 bouncing members.
What's the difference between the two?

(Oh, and for the record, there's only two Hotmail, and one each AOL and
Yahoo, addresses in the 30.)

> To see more detail get the script at
> <http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/get_bounce_info.py>, copy it to
> Mailman's bin/ directory and run
>
> bin/withlist -a -r get_bounce_info
>

> > Can you suggest anything I can do to avoid triggering the ISP's system?
> > (A hard question, I know, since we don't know precisely what triggers
> > it in the first place.)

Thanks for the feedback. I look forward to many frustrating
conversations.

I currently get Uncaught bounce notifications, and process them by hand
as they come in. I also see unsubscribes. Is there a way I can be
notified of *caught* bounce notifications?

--
Steve