[Mailman-Users] Which from, reply and DMARC settings for a discussion group?

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon Jan 19 08:58:33 CET 2015

John Levine writes:

 > Have you tried any sort of reversible rewriting?  On my lists, sending
 > addresses in dmarc'ed domains get a local domain appended on the From:
 > line, e.g. mail From: marissa at yahoo.com ->
 > marissa at yahoo.com.dmarc.fail.
[...]

 > It's gross and disgusting, but no worse than any other dmarc
 > workaround.

Three problems:
1.  It confuses the h### out of naive users (typically those from
    offending domains).
2.  Some users from offending domains b#### loudly about having their
    addresses "deprecated".
3.  Mailman can't implement it anyway, because Mailman not only isn't
    the only MTA on the block, it isn't an MTA at all.

I don't think we want to go there until it becomes clear there's a
clientele for it, and we can tell them what switches they need to
flick in their MTAs to get proper service.