[Mailman-Users] Which from, reply and DMARC settings for a discussion group?

John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Mon Jan 19 05:50:33 CET 2015

># 1) as long as the list is not anonymous, the original From: address
>#    should be obviously exposed, i.e. not just in a header that MUAs
>#    don't display.

Have you tried any sort of reversible rewriting?  On my lists, sending
addresses in dmarc'ed domains get a local domain appended on the From:
line, e.g. mail From: marissa at yahoo.com ->
marissa at yahoo.com.dmarc.fail.  (Yes, that's a real domain.)  Then I do
some local magic so the rewritten addresses work for a few days in
case people write back to them.

It's gross and disgusting, but no worse than any other dmarc workaround.

R's,
John