[Mailman-Users] master list to allow users to subscribe all the other lists without admin approval

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon Feb 2 13:30:26 CET 2015

Kim, DongInn writes:

 > Is there a way to setup a master list to allow any users in the
 > master list to subscribe all the other lists in the same domain
 > without admin approval?

Not exactly that without altering the code.  Such a facility will
probably be available in Mailman 3.  (If it isn't already -- probably
it isn't, yet -- I'll file an RFE in about 5 minutes. :-)

How much do you care about ensuring that only legitimate users be
allowed to subscribe?  You could always just not advertise the list
but allow users to subscribe with user confirmation only.