[Mailman-Users] master list to allow users to subscribe all the other lists without admin approval

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Feb 2 14:09:59 CET 2015

On 02/02/2015 04:30 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Kim, DongInn writes:
>
>  > Is there a way to setup a master list to allow any users in the
>  > master list to subscribe all the other lists in the same domain
>  > without admin approval?
>
> Not exactly that without altering the code.  Such a facility will
> probably be available in Mailman 3.  (If it isn't already -- probably
> it isn't, yet -- I'll file an RFE in about 5 minutes. :-)

Steve is correct, but in Mailman 2.1.19 for which the first candidate
has been released last week, there is a new Privacy options... ->
Subscription rules -> subscribe_auto_approval feature that allows
providing email addresses and ^regexps matching email addresses that are
exempt from admin approval when subscribing. It would not be hard to
extend this feature to accept the @listname syntax as well.

I will consider doing this for the 2.1.19 final release, but at a
minimum, I'd have to add a new i18n string or change the ones I added
with this feature, and I'd like to consider i18n frozen for 2.1.19 at
this point. (deep sigh ...)