[Mailman-Users] .listadmin.ini (Re: Version number?)

Thomas Gramstad thomas at ifi.uio.no
Tue Apr 14 23:55:16 CEST 2015

On Mon, 13 Apr 2015, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> Thomas Gramstad writes:
>
> > How can I find out what version number of Mailman I'm using?
>
> Visit the web interface (for subscribers, moderators, or
> admins), it's in the footer.  If you have shell access to the
> server, you can look in mailman/Mailman/Version.py.  If you
> have a package manager and shell access you can get it from the
> package manager.

Thank you, it's version 2.1.14 on the installation I use the
most. And my real question is --

> If none of that is helpful, let us know a little bit more about
> what your situation is, what accesses you have, and what you've
> already tried.  Maybe why you want to know, it's not necessary
> but sometimes that helps figure out some of the other things.

The problem is, I want to use listadmin for all my lists if
possible: https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=listadmin

and it works for lists at an installation which runs 2.1.9. But
listadmin doesn't seem to work with 2.1.14. Maybe listadmin isn't
being kept up to date? Or does it work with the newest version of
Mailman?

Or maybe I have some syntactic error in the .listadmin.ini file?
The installation is running at a subdomain, mailman.efn.no, so
that one of the lists have this address:
datahistorie at mailman.efn.no

and I have this entry for the list in .listadmin.ini :

username thomas at efn.no
spamlevel 5
default discard
password ......