[Mailman-Users] .listadmin.ini (Re: Version number?)

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Apr 15 00:35:54 CEST 2015

On 04/14/2015 02:55 PM, Thomas Gramstad wrote:

> The problem is, I want to use listadmin for all my lists if possible:
> https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=listadmin
>
> and it works for lists at an installation which runs 2.1.9. But
> listadmin doesn't seem to work with 2.1.14. Maybe listadmin isn't being
> kept up to date? Or does it work with the newest version of Mailman?

According to the results of the above search, the same listadmin version
(2.40.4) works with squeeze (MM 2.1.13), wheezy (MM 2.1.15), and jessie
and sid (MM 2.1.18), so it should work.

> Or maybe I have some syntactic error in the .listadmin.ini file? The
> installation is running at a subdomain, mailman.efn.no, so that one of
> the lists have this address: datahistorie at mailman.efn.no
>
> and I have this entry for the list in .listadmin.ini :
>
> username thomas at efn.no
> spamlevel 5
> default discard
> password ......
> adminurl http://{domain}/mailman/admin/{list}
> datahistorie at mailman.efn.no
>
> Is the adminurl syntax correct?

I don't know. However, http://mailman.efn.no/mailman/admin gets to the
right place, so the form at least seems OK. As far as the actual syntax
is concerned, listadmin is a Debian package. It is not part of GNU
Mailman. Therefore, you might do better pursuing this via a Debian
support resource.