[Mailman-Users] DMARC and Reply-To lines with from_is_list munging.

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon May 12 10:25:00 CEST 2014

Mark Sapiro writes:

 > it is (to me at least) esthetically unpleasing.

"There's no arguing with taste", but as a data point I have no problem
with multipart/mixed with only one part.

How about multipart/alternative:

    message header
    multipart/alternative

        part header
        message/rfc822        # original message in all its glory

        part header
        <traditional cooked list message>

 > Perhaps a new Content-Type such as message/wrapped

AFAICS this is completely unnecessary?

    message header

        original message header
        original message body        # or cooked if you prefer

Then amend the existing MIME RFCs to say that MUAs SHOULD (MAY?)
simply display the original message in some appropriate way.  No?