[Mailman-Users] DMARC and Reply-To lines with from_is_list munging.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon May 12 05:35:44 CEST 2014

On 05/11/2014 11:24 AM, Lindsay Haisley wrote:

> That's true, but what I suggested is, or should be simpler than that,
> and is fundamentally no different from what Mailman does now with
> wrapping.  The points are:
>
> 1)  implementation of a MIME multipart standard _specifically_ for the
> purpose of wrapping emails would be a good idea.

Why multipart?

See <https://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2014-May/076736.html>.

Granted, a decorated message with msg_header and/or msg_footer added is
multipart, if these decorations are omitted, you are left with a
multipart message with a single sub-part. While this is still RFC
compliant (recursion is wonderful), it is (to me at least) esthetically
unpleasing.

Perhaps a new Content-Type such as message/wrapped, although that raises
the question of what to do when a message/wrapped part is not at the top
level.