[Mailman-Users] Q : Is there a possibility to localize / customize the standard Mailman lists home page / UI look ?

Jacques Setton jsetton at waycast.com
Wed May 7 22:16:20 CEST 2014

Mark Sapiro Wed, 30 Apr 2014 08:22:28 -0700

> On 04/30/2014 04:35 AM, Jacques Setton wrote:

> Currently, when choosing a specific local language (French in our case)
for

> Mailman' lists user interface, I have noticed that the standard home page

> (for example the one depicted by 'lists.domain.org/mailman/listinfo')

> remains in the English language. Would there be a possibility to localize

> that page as well ?

>> Set DEFAULT_SERVER_LANGUAGE = 'fr' in mm_cfg.py.

Thanks for this hint. After applying such setting, the default home page was
successfully displayed in the French language.

> While being on this topic, I'd like also to know if it is possible to

> customize the general look & feel of the display UI say, at the minimum,

> eventually replace or add a custom logo at the level of the Mailman/Python

> logos appearing at the bottom of each page ?

>> See Mailman/htmlformat.py, in particular the section beginning with

>> # Logo constants

I did look at the 'htmlformat.py' and was able to tailor it by adding the
logo
reference of the organization which will be using the operational Mailman
system. Thanks again for this very useful guidance in this respect !

- - - -

 Jacques Setton

 <mailto:jsetton at waycast.com> jsetton at waycast.com