[Mailman-Users] Mirror mailing list with web forum

Jon 1234 jon.1234 at hotmail.co.uk
Thu May 8 00:41:34 CEST 2014

> From: tim at yingtong.co.uk
> Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 19:46:03 +0100
> I have it working with Fudforum and although the fudforum integration was (to me) poorly documented I got it working and has been stable / rock solid for a couple of years now.
>
> It would be nice to get things like membership linked between the two and to more easily identify forum posters (when their mail hits the list) but that is just a comment not a request (unless someone has worked it out!)

I think
I have got Mailman and FUDforum to work well together by writing two FUDforum
plugins. One uses Mailman’s email/password list for logins to the forum (calling,
using php’s shell_exec() command, two separate withlist scripts based on the
example in the withlist documentation). The other unsets a user’s Mailman
moderation bit (by calling Mark Sapiro’s set_mod withlist script) just before the user’s
first post is approved via FUDforum.

I’ll
post the plugins to the FUDforum website when I’m finished, but in the meantime
I’d be very grateful for comments on the Mailman withlist scripts I’ve used:
(a) will they still work when I upgrade to 2.1.18-1? and (b) is there a better
way of doing it? Thanks in advance, and feel free to ask for further information!

#! /path/to/bin/python

from Mailman.Errors import
NotAMemberError

def get_name(mlist, member):

try:

                print
'%s' % (mlist.getMemberName(member))

except NotAMemberError:

print 'No address matched:', member

#! /path/to/bin/python

from Mailman.Errors import
NotAMemberError

def get_password(mlist, member):

try:

                print
'%s' % (mlist.getMemberPassword(member))