[Mailman-Users] (no subject)

Christopher Adams adamsca at gmail.com
Thu May 9 22:30:25 CEST 2013

Hello,

I have posted here before about mail issues that may not be strictly a
Mailman problem. However, this time there is something Mailman-related that
I need to figure out.

A week or so ago, a remote mail server that all of our list mail goes
through used a spam vendor that had slapped a signature on our server
address, so mail was being held there. i think that was resolved.

After a week or so of mail successfully working, it has tailed off again.
The remote mail server administrator can't identify that there is a spam
problem, though Yahoo and Verizon have apparently temporaily blocked mail
from our server due to the traffic.

In tests, I send various mail (list traffic, subscription requests, mail
directly to the listname-owner address, etc) and it reaches the server, but
goes nowhere from there.

At 12 noon, messages that had been sent but not delivered earlier today,
suddenly were all sent. This sure seems like a cron (not a con) job, but I
haven't a clue why. As far as I know the only Mailman cron job that runs at
12 noon is the digest generation.

I am really puzzled here. This may be a Postfix/MTA issue, maybe a local
server issue, but I am mainly curious about the batch send that occurred.

Here is an entry from maillog. It shows a message being delivered to the
alias, then removed from the queue. The message never gets to the person
behind the alias.

May  9 12:57:49 swiki postfix/smtpd[26679]: E774019985DC: client=
nm2-vm0.bullet.mail.bf1.yahoo.com[98.139.213.127]
May  9 12:57:50 swiki postfix/cleanup[26968]: E774019985DC: message-id=<
1368129468.24511.YahooMailNeo at web164901.mail.bf1.yahoo.com>
May  9 12:57:50 swiki postfix/qmgr[23217]: E774019985DC: from=<me at yahoo.com>,
size=3404, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
May  9 12:57:50 swiki postfix/local[27542]: E774019985DC: to=<
test7-owner at mydomain.com>, relay=local, delay=0.9, delays=0.74/0/0/0.16,
dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered to command:
/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman owner test7)
May  9 12:57:50 swiki postfix/qmgr[23217]: E774019985DC: removed

--
Christopher Adams
adamsca at gmail.com