[Mailman-Users] Hide sender but keep reply-to sender address?

- Andrei - tucsonandrei at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 23:53:10 CET 2013

Sorry about that and thanks for your patience with this. I made all
the changes. No errors are generated on  config_list -i
/home/files/config-file test-list However, when I send an email it
gets delivered with unmodified reply-to header. From is replaced with
the list name. When I hit reply, list address comes up, not the
original sender address. I don't see anything in mailman error log.
Here are the mail headers: http://pastebin.com/5qnms2wK From and
Reply-to headers seem unchanged and are from the list (not the
sender).

CAT /usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/MyHandler.py
#!/usr/bin/env python
#
from email.Utils import formataddr, getaddresses, parseaddr

def process(mlist, msg, msgdata):
    orig_from = parseaddr(msg.get('from'))
    orig_rt = msg.get_all('reply-to')
    del msg['from']
    msg['From'] = formataddr((mlist.description, mlist.GetListEmail()))
    del msg['reply-to']
    if orig_rt:
        rt_list = getaddresses(orig_rt)
        rt_addr = [x[1] for x in rt_list]
        if orig_from[1] not in rt_addr:
            rt_list += [orig_from]
    else:
        rt_list = [orig_from]
    msg['Reply-To'] = ', '.join([formataddr(x) for x in rt_list])

CAT CONFIG-FILE:
mlist.pipeline = [
    'SpamDetect',
    'Approve',