[Mailman-Users] Hide sender but keep reply-to sender address?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Mar 11 22:11:11 CET 2013

Andrei wrote:

>Thanks, Mark. I'm trying to use this just for one of the lists.
>
>I added MyHandler.py in /var/lib/mailman/Mailman/Handlers, and in
>config_list added
>mlist.pipeline = [ 'Replybot', 'MyHandler', 'Moderate', 'ToOutgoing', ]

I'm not sure what you mean by "in config_list added", but you should
create an input file which contains only

mlist.pipeline = [
    'SpamDetect',
    'Approve',
    'Replybot',
    'Moderate',
    'Hold',
    'MimeDel',
    'Scrubber',
    'Emergency',
    'Tagger',
    'CalcRecips',
    'AvoidDuplicates',
    'Cleanse',
    'CleanseDKIM',
    'CookHeaders',
    'MyHandler',
    'ToDigest',
    'ToArchive',
    'ToUsenet',
    'AfterDelivery',
    'Acknowledge',
    'ToOutgoing',
    ]

I.e. it should look like the definition of GLOBAL_PIPELINE in
Defaults.py with the addition of MyHandler immediately before ToDigest
(and the comments removed).

Then you run

config_list -i path/to/above/file test-list

>When I run config.list test-list I get
>
>  File "/usr/sbin/config_list", line 243, in <module>
>    'ToOutgoing',
>NameError: name 'mlist' is not defined

It looks like you may have modified the config_list program itself in
some way rather than specifying the complete pipeline in an input file.