[Mailman-Users] running mailman under CISCO LB

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jun 28 00:55:27 CEST 2013

On 06/27/2013 03:10 AM, Camelia Botez wrote:
> I have the following architecture:
> CISCO LB  using a virtual IP (VIP)
> 2 RHEL5 servers running mailman ( on each one of them mailman installed by rpm).
> The mailman installation was done on each server separately  and the only nfs common between those servers is "/var/lib/mailman" ( coming from
> Netapp volume w/r) containing archives , data , lists and spam directories.
> When I create a list and I send mail to this list at server1 the mail arrives , but if I send the message to list at VIP the mail is lost.

What is in the mail server logs related to the mail to list at VIP?

> There is something I should do in mailman config files to reflect this architecture?
> I need this in case one of the servers crashes.

There will be issues with your configuration. You are not sharing
qfiles/ (/var/spool/mailman/ in the RHEL package) so Mailman must be
running on both machines and you must share the locks/
(/var/lock/mailman/ in the RHEL package) directory in any case or you
will lose data due to race conditions.