[Mailman-Users] Related question about limiting postings [was: Is there any throttle function in mailman?]

e.c. eminmn at sysmatrix.net
Thu Jun 27 18:30:11 CEST 2013

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 3:47 PM, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

> On 06/26/2013 11:08 AM, Javad Hoseini-Nopendar wrote:
>
> > Is there any throttle feature in mailman that manages the high traffic
> > of emails in a way that I can make sure no email will be rejected or
> > returned?

Two possibly related features available on the LISTSERV product are (1)
limiting postings per listmember and (2) per list. We have a Sympa list in
Poland that migrated from LISTSERV to Sympa few years ago but neither of
those settings are available on Sympa. It seems that those low level
accounting functions should not be imposed on moderators and now a part of
the list membership is considering moving the list to mailman if these
features could be supported or to LISTSERV free version if not. Could they
be implemented on mailman (or postfix, exim, sendmail)? is it possible to
use mailmain with LSMTP  on Gnu/Linux? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ed

Apologies if this should have gone to a developers forum. I don't know
where that is.